Blog Archive

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gesture Drawings: Bootcamp Cabrera Style









When we did the gesture drawings in class I was pleased how they turned out. Like Suzanne suggests, I tend to start with the head, go to shoulders and arms and work down from there. I try to add in hair detail when I do the head and I draw the contour of the clothing when I do the body. If I have the time afterwards I try to go back and add clothing details (e.g. folds, pockets, prints, etc.). If I feel it is necessary because I know that I'll later develop the picture, I'll draw in a quick stick-man face to remind me of certain facial features and emotions.
For part of the homework, I used my roommate's Maxim calendar. I couldn't resist! I felt that it was a good opportunity to draw people who weren't wearing much as opposed to what I'm used to. Many of my other drawings came from observations in the dance studios here at UNCG and cheerleading practice at Greensboro All Stars gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment